Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
The Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH) Programme implements and disseminates results on EU research activities that address the major challenges facing the social, economic, political and cultural make-up of Europe. As such, the SSH Programme concerns all aspects of European societies.
Social sciences and humanities deal with knowing (data, statistics, indicators), explaining (tools, definitions, methods), understanding (context, causes, mechanisms), forward looking (modelling, foresight, scenarios) and recommending (from knowledge to policy).
Under FP7, priority has been given to research into the following areas:
- Growth, employment and competitiveness in a knowledge society
- Combining economic, social and environmental objectives in a European perspective
- Major trends in society and their implications
- Europe in the world (covering migration, poverty, crime and conflict)
- The citizen in the European Union
- Socio-economic and scientific indicators
- Foresight activities, such as the future implications of global knowledge, migration and ageing
- Strategic activities
Research and Innovation: Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities - Further Information
Apply now - Funding and Opportunities