A list of the programmes administered by the HEA which fall outside the Erasmus+ label. These programmes currently include:
Science without Borders
- Science without Borders (Ciência sem Fronteiras) is a Brazilian Government scholarship programme which aims to send 101,000 Brazilian students on undergraduate sandwich courses, PhD sandwich courses and full PhDs to study in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and creative industries at top universities around the world. Last year Ireland was host to approximated 1200 Brazilian students.
Government of Ireland Scholarships
- The Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship supports suitably qualified Research Masters and Doctoral candidates from outside Ireland who are intending pursuing or intending to pursue full-time research in an Irish Higher Education Institute.
Universities Ireland Scholarship
Universities Ireland offers four scholarships, each of worth €15,000, to students who have been accepted to undertake a recognised Master’s Degree or are entering the first year of a PhD programme at a university in the island of Ireland that is not in the same jurisdiction as the university where they have previously studied.
International Scholarship Opportunities
- A number of scholarship opportunities available to Irish students. The countries involved include: Korea, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates.
International Funding and Collaboration Programmes
Jean Monnet Programme
- A European Union initiative to encourage teaching, research and reflection in the field of European integration studies in higher education institutions.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- The Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCA) provide grants for all stages of researchers' careers - be they doctoral candidates or highly experienced researchers - and encourage transnational, intersectoral and interdisciplinary mobility.
US-Ireland R&D Programme
- The US-Ireland R&D Partnership is a tri-jurisdictional alliance which was officially launched in 2006. Its aim is to promote collaborative innovative research projects which create value above and beyond individual efforts.
European Business Forum
- An annual forum that brings together higher education institutions, companies, business associations, intermediaries, and public authorities, providing them with a common space at a European level for dialogue, networking, and the exchange of good practise.
Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH)
- The Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities (SSH) Programme implements and disseminates results on EU research activities that address the major challenges facing the social, economic, political and cultural make-up of Europe. The Programme supports research in a variety areas and across a number of topic.
- A series of programmes adminsited by the HEA prior to their conclusion.